A social site for optical engineers, scientists and students.
Designed for web social people with an interest in optics.
Homework solutions found as links on the video pages.
An evolving resource for geometric optics, aberrations and lens design.
Delivered with a fun, social mood that avoids being stuffy!
(spoken like William Shatner):
Play for added nerdy - cheesiness. (Do at your own risk: G-rated)
Goals for this site:
- Encourage people to become educated in optics (and encourage them to pursue a college degree in optical engineering)
- Resource for technical people, not formerly trained in optics.
- Social site for existing optical engineers to share their love and talent for optical engineering!
Help us advertise! Facebook "like" is the last button.
Interested in helping?
- Do you have ideas for the site?
- Is there some part of optics you would like some instruction?
- Do you want to contribute?
- Do you have a Zemax or Code V macro to post for everyone?
- Do you want to blog about optics?
- Do you want to talk about opto-mech and save me from putting my foot in my mouth?
- Do you want to help me develop mobile device apps? I am an amateur, trying to teach myself. Here is what I have found so far.
- Should we give up on optics and attempt to make viral William Shatner videos? Yes, I am a Star Trek nerd.
If interested, PLEASE contact me
! Or just click and say "hello". Or give me grief, I like that too.
This site is constantly evolving!